Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Time 1-11-12

The holidays are over!  Back to the routine again, which includes the library.  We had 46 babies; lots of new faces, some old faces, all of them precious.  This week I encouraged older babies (18-20 mo+) to start moving up into the toddler program where the setting and activities are more appropriate.  Toddlers can create a safety issue for younger babies and they often no longer find it engaging or fun to participate from the caregiver's lap.  You can register for Wiggle Worms here: Perry's Events.

This week we:

Animal Song:  Old MacDonald.  I love all those tickle bugs!

Book: The Cuddle Book by Guido Van Genechten.  Who doesn't love a book where animals cuddle?  Lots of oportunities for baby hugs and cuddles.

Rhymes:
Popcorn

Popcorn, popcorn
put it in the pot
Shake it, shake it
Pop, Pop, Pop!

Bicycle (This is new for babytime, but my baby and I have loved this rhyme since he was a newborn)

I like to ride my bicycle
I ride it to the shop
and when I see the big red light
I know it's time to STOP

I like to ride my bicycle
I ride it to and fro
and when I see the big green light
I know it's time to GO

No comments:

Post a Comment