Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Babytime 1-18-11

Today was great fun!  Lots of new babies!  I am often asked where I get my music from and the answer is hours and hours of sitting with my laptop listening to music samples on Amazon and cdbaby and checking out dozens of CDs from libraries.  I download many of my songs from home and compile them onto CDs so I can't link to all my music, but I will try to include links to our Library's materials.

Animal Song: "Grandpa's Farm" (my favorite version is Raffi's)

Book:  Mommy, Carry Me Please by Jane Cabrera.  This book is great for cuddles, tickles, and body part and animal identification.  Sometimes, like today, I'll set out animal finger puppets to use while reading this book.  


Bouncing Song: "Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Activity:  We usually end storytime with shakers, but today we ended with finger puppets and I played one of my favorite songs ("Elephant's Have Wrinkles"), but any fun music works.

There are some rhymes we do every week:

Jack is Quiet

Jack is quiet
in his box
Lift the lid

and up he POPS!











Robbie Rabbit:

Robbie Rabbit is so fat, fat, fat
His soft little paws go pat, pat, pat
His soft little ears go flop, flop, flop
And when Robbie runs
he goes hop, hop, hop

No comments:

Post a Comment