Monday, January 9, 2012

Wiggle Worms 1-9-12 Chicks!

People often ask me where I get my flannel ideas from.  Today's flannel was something I came up with on Friday when I decided I wanted to do something new and didn't like any of the "chick" or "egg" flannels I was finding online.  My co-workers threw some words out that rhyme with "chick" and once I ruled out "finger lickin' good" LOL, I decided our chick would do tricks.

Animals Song: "If Animals Could Dance".  Yes, if animals could dance, they'd look very funny!  In this song the toddlers dance along with the puppets and make animal sounds.

Letter of the Day: Ee for egg

Book:  Hurry! Hurry! by Eve Bunting.  In this simple, colorful book all the animal are hurrying to the barn yard to see what all the excitement is about.  As the chick hatches in the book, I break open a big plastic egg to reveal a chick finger puppet.  I got the large egg last Easter in the holiday aisle in Wal-mart (filled with Pop Rocks) and painted it white.



Movement:  We shook shaky eggs and danced with a hen (puppet) to the song "I Know a Chicken"

Flannel: I should take a picture to post, but for now here is a description.  I made several flannel chicks in different colors and put them inside flannel eggs.  The first chick was yellow and could do a fancy trick: turn blue.  Then we asked

"Little chick, little chick,
Can you do another trick?"

to make him change colors a few more times.  The last chick had black polka dots!


1 comment: