Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baby Time 3-14-12

I missed everyone last week!  I was busy doing storytime evaluations for a program I co-created with a colleague. 

Today in Babytime:

Mr. Bear got seasonal again and wore his Diamond Backs outfit.  Mr. Bear is my puppet who welcomes the babies every week with a game of "Two Little Eyes" and then he sings for us.  Every now and again he gets fancy!


Animal Puppet Song:  "If I Was a Bird" by Wiggleworms

Book:  Hello, Day! by Anita Lobel. Animals greet the sunrise in their own unique voices, except for the owl who welcomes the night.


Rhymes:

Alligator:
The Alligator's jaws go snap, snap, snap
The Alligator's tail goes thwack, thwack, thwack
GOTCHYA!

(This rhyme can be played a little differently with older, mobile babies.  The alligator creeps closer each time you say the rhyme and then you can "get" your baby or even have them "get" you)

I Like to Ride My Bicycle:
I like to ride my bicycle
I ride it to the shop
and when I see the big RED light
I know it's time to STOP

I like to ride my bicycle
I ride it to and fro
And when I see the big GREEN light
I know it's time to GOOOO

Movement:  Instead of shakers, we celebrated rainbows!  St. Patty's Day is right around the corner so the babies shook colorful, rainbow ribbons to the Elizabeth Mitchell's "Big Rock Candy Mountain" on the CD Catch the Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment