Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wiggle Worms 3-12-13 St. Patrick's Day!

St. Patrick's Day is a little over toddlers' heads, but since holidays are so much fun to celebrate I had to incorporate a little festivity!  Here's some of what we did:

Puppet Animal Song:  "If I was a Bird" from the Wiggleworms Love You album
 
Letter of the Day: Rr for rainbow

Mr. Bear:  Our Wiggle Worms friend got a wee bit Irish today.

 
 


He also found a fancy sack of Leprechaun gold and each child got a piece on his or her way out the door.  Treasure!

Cube Song:  Skidamarinkadink

Book:  Duckie's Rainbowby Frances Barry.  Follow Duckie as he hurries out of the rain and discovers a rainbow.
 
Prop Movement:  We made rainbows with colorful ribbons and danced to "Wiggerly Woo"
 
Flannel Activity:  Rainbow Stew

Miss Michelle put different colored fruits in the cauldron for me to mix around and pull out a rainbow
Credit:  This activity in one version or another has been around for a long time.  I started using it years ago and don't know who the original idea came from.

Fingerplays:
We mellowed out with "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" with nifty little finger lights and a dim room

We always end by driving in our cars before bubbles:

I'm driving in my car
I'm driving in my car
Beep beep
Toot toot
I'm driving in my car

I'm driving really fast....
I'm drivig really slow....

Mr. Bear had a gold coin for each of the kiddos on the way out!

 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment