Thursday, October 10, 2013

Spiders! Baby Time

With Halloween approaching, I did a couple of spider-y activities with the babies:

Board books for one-on-one reading (not spidery-y)
 
Music and Manipulative Activity:  "Shoo Fly"
We usually end with shakers, but today all the babies got a fly to shoo away.  I use Carole Peterson's version because there is some hand clapping, foot stomping, bouncing, and twirling in between all the shooing.
 
 
Book: I always read a short, interactive book in Baby Time.  This week I read:

 
Bouncing Song:  "Itsy Bitsy Spider" by Halp Palmer
I use the song from this CD. 
 
In this version, the tenacious little spider keeps on climbing until he finds an adorable little baby toe to land on and crawls all the way up the body.  As we sang the song, I took the opportunity to bring Fluffy the Spider (puppet) around to each baby.  She's actually quite adorable!
 
Prop Rhyme:  "The Spider Catches a Fly"
 
The spider catches a fly
The spider catches a fly
Hi ho the dairy-o
The spider catches a fly
 
 
To see how this prop was used in other storytime sessions, see this blog post
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment