Thursday, June 26, 2014

Baby Time

I really love doing Baby Time!  The caregivers are so invested in the early bonding moments they share with their babies and participate enthusiastically.

This post from last week includes Mr. Bear, "Roly Poly", "I Wake Up My Hands", "Going Up and Down in an Elevator", "Charlie Chaplin Went to France" (my new favorite!), and "Robbie Rabbit".


Animal Song with Puppets: "If I Was a Bird"


Book: "Hickory Dickory Dock" from Cat & Mouse by Ian Schoenherr
Prop Rhyme:  "Slowly, Slowly Snail" - I played Kathy Reid-Naiman's version 

My lovely co-woker livened this rhyme up with some puppets while the caregivers and I creeped our fingers up and down baby's arms and body.



Slowly, slowly, very slowly
creeps the garden snail
Slowly, slowly, very slowly
up the garden rail

Quickly, quickly, very quickly
runs the little mouse
Quickly, quickly, very quickly
right up to his house!

Bounce Song:  I used a recorded version of "Hickory Dickory Dock" and these adorable mice (from IKEA).  The babies tick-tocked and the mice ran up and down them as the clock struck, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tara for the time and energy you put into our time at the Library on Wednesday mornings. We always look forward to it! You do a great job!

    ReplyDelete